|Top 10 Most Demanding IT Jobs
|Based on a survey of almost 800 IT professionals in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the United States, Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and a global leader in maximizing availability, capacity and efficiency of critical infrastructure released a report named “The Most Always-On IT Jobs”, in other words the most demanding IT jobs.
According to Blake Carlson, vice president of the IT Business Segment, Avocent Products & Services, Emerson Network Power, IT is quite a demanding profession. IT professionals should be smart, flexible and quick like the technology they work to support. Moreover, he opined that IT professionals should be able to handle multiple tasks immediately and understand how to get things done with limited or inadequate resources. Based on his knowledge, Blake believed that IT professionals are a breed apart.
Averaging a score of 71 on a 0 to 100-point always-on scale, all IT jobs are highly demanding. Listed below are the top 10 “Most Always-On IT Jobs” ranked by the survey respondents, based on the degree to which they have to be always available, always working at peak capacity and always accurate.
1. Executive Director/Administrator: Most of the survey respondents performing the job of executive directors and administrators said that their work requires a high level of intelligence and that they are needed to work on numerous projects promptly. However, only 25 percent amongst them said that success depends on cartier replica watches things out of their control. One director in the survey opined that the company always wants him to be available during any situation of emergency and be alert, pushing all the boundaries, so that they can deliver best results to their clients.
2. IT Procurement: The IT Procurement job comes second in the list of the top 10 Most Always-On IT j obs. Professionals working in this IT segment are required to manage activities in the information technology procurement function. Besides that, they are required to assess contracts and vendors and make final decisions regarding suppliers. In situation of disputes between vendor and IT staff, IT procurement professionals are required to serve as mediators. A bachelor’s degree in IT and few years of experience is a must to bag a job in this field of work.
3. CIO (Chief Information officer): The job of a CIO grabs the third position in the list of Most Al ways-On IT jobs. The CIO plays a very important role in the Information Technology sector; they are required to furnish idea and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. Apart from that they are required to focus on minimizing cost and maximizing results.
4. IT Manager/Director: IT managers/ directors take the fourth slot in the list of Most Always-On IT jobs. These professionals are required to assist in the planning and implementations of various projects, additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure.
5. IT Operations: The fifth position is taken by the IT operations professionals. In the Information technology sector, a wide variety of tasks involve data computing, therefore IT operations professionals are required to supervise projects in this field. They manage a team of software engineers, programmers and support employees in the creation of new software.
6. Data Center Manager: Data Center managers take the sixth position. These professionals are requir ed to administer teams of professionals in data centers that enclose large amounts of computer hardware. Besides that, they oversee maintenance, customer service and employee management, for which they need to have proper training and skill.
7. Engineering: Ranking seventh, IT engineers are required to apply their technical skills and knowledge in- order to solve a number of technological challenges. Moreover, they are responsible to create new technologies, which include the development of networking solutions and software programs. A bachelor’s degree in IT is a must to bag a job in this field; you can also opt to do masters to remain ahead in this field of work.
8. IT Security: Taking the eight positions, the IT security manager’s job requires individuals to perform two main functions for the enterprise. Firstly, they are required to supervise the operations of the enterprise’s security solutions through management of the organization’s security analysts. The second function is to establish an enterprise security position through policy, architecture and training processes.
9. Applications/Software Development: Applications/Software Development job takes the ninth position in the list. Software developers are required to design, install, test and maintain software systems. Software developers play a very important role to make the business more efficient, therefore they are highly in demand and the work is also quite taxing.
10. Database Management: The Database management job is ranked tenth in the list of “Most Alwa ys-On IT Jobs”, by the survey respondents. These professionals are responsible for the way an organization manages, organizes, stores and accesses its information.
|Top 10 Hottest Careers in India for 2013|
|5 Best Professions for Problem Solvers|
|7 Core Skills for a Tech Career|
|Are You Ready To Take Up These Challenging Jobs?|
|Why 9-to-5 Working Hours Will Become a Thing Of The Past|
|Dreadful Career Mistakes You Must Get Off in 2013christian louboutin outlet|
|NRI Hiring Might be Doubled in India Inc in 2013louis vuitton outlet|
|Woman Who Got Fired For Being Too Prettyreplica watches|
|Top NRIs Who Have Made India Proud By Their Professionscheap replica watches|
|Worst College Degrees Recruiters Haterolex replica|
|Spelling Mistakes Every Smart Person Can Makebreitling replica watches|
|Will Obama's Victory Affect Indian IT Industry Negatively?|
|Top 5 Jobs for Teens|
|Riskiest and Deadly Jobs in India|
|3 Interview Questions That Matters The Most|