|5 Things to Do on Your First Day at Job
|You generally have several questions in our mind on the very first day of your job as you tend to think how will be your co- workers, boss, when to ask for your first assignment, shall i carry lunch from home etc. However it is always advised by the career experts to be positive on your first day and observe the new surroundings at work, moreover you should know your colleagues and the company culture. According to Kelly Eggers of Fins Technology, listed below are 5 things that you must do on the very first day of work.
1. Know your workplace well: Kathy Downs, a recruiting manager for staffing firm Robert Half FA, opines that you should know every possible thing about your workplace by the end of your first day at work, which includes access codes, office hours, appropriate outfit, the break room location, parking, and other day-to-day basics. Besides that you should ask someone to guide you in order to know where the department are exactly located and at the same time you should also know from him/her where are the restrooms, cafeteria and human resources department located, suggests Lisa Quast, president of Career Woman, a Seattle-based career development consultancy. Likewise, you should also know the people working around you on the very first day of work advices Kathy. Knowing everything about your workplace well on the first day will sure to make you more comfortable on the next day at work.
2. Meet with your teammates: As you are expected to work in teams by your employer, you must k eep in mind to meet up with everyone with whom you are going to work. Moreover, you do not need to be their best friends on your first meeting but showing your eagerness to meet with your teammates on the very first day of work demonstrates your enthusiasm to work in a team.
3. Meet with your boss and ask him questions: Remember to sit down with your boss for at least half an hour on the very first day of work. Likewise, you should be equipped with all kinds of possible questions about your job that you wish to ask him on your first day. Asking such questions as in what you specifically need to do in your job is sure to make your task easy and manageable in the long run, says Sara Ferraioli, partner in the HR Contracts division of Massachusetts-based staffing firm Winter, Wyman.
4. Never judge the whole job on the first day: Even if you feel a little upset, by explo ring the entire job scenario on day one, you should not judge the whole job in the first day itself. According to Sara you should give the job an opportunity to be what you have thought it will be before joining, suggests Sara. Things might not be ready in terms of equipment and assignment on the very first day at work but will surely get organized once you have started to work in the <a href="http://www.rolexus-watches.com/">designer watches</a> breitling bentley replica organization, says Sara.
5. Finish all the paper work: You will need to fill in a lot of forms after on barding the organizat ion like your bank forms, health insurance forms, forms for identifications etc. Do those in the very first day itself as declining to do so can create confusion later, moreover, you will have less work in your first day of work therefore, you will have ample time to complete all the paper work, advices Kathy.
|Top 10 Hottest Careers in India for 2013|
|5 Best Professions for Problem Solvers|
|7 Core Skills for a Tech Career|
|Are You Ready To Take Up These Challenging Jobs?|
|Why 9-to-5 Working Hours Will Become a Thing Of The Past|
|Dreadful Career Mistakes You Must Get Off in 2013christian louboutin outlet|
|NRI Hiring Might be Doubled in India Inc in 2013louis vuitton outlet|
|Woman Who Got Fired For Being Too Prettyreplica watches|
|Top NRIs Who Have Made India Proud By Their Professionscheap replica watches|
|Worst College Degrees Recruiters Haterolex replica|
|Spelling Mistakes Every Smart Person Can Makebreitling replica watches|
|Will Obama's Victory Affect Indian IT Industry Negatively?|
|Top 5 Jobs for Teens|
|Riskiest and Deadly Jobs in India|
|3 Interview Questions That Matters The Most|